“I believe that technology can substantially improve our lives and I want to do everything in my power to make the right technology visible and available to the right people.“
Quick facts about me
- Born and raised in Germany, living in the Silicon Valley since 2014.
- Started in technical SEO, then ventured into Growth over time.
- Experience on both sides, agency and in-house.
- Worked with companies in B2B and B2C, from small startup to enterprise size.
- Build and led teams of varying sizes with varying foci.
- Tech SEO Boost: Internal Link Building on Steroids (Boston, MA)
- October 23rd: SEMrush Search Awards in (Sydney, Australia)
- TheFamily: How to create massive revenue without a salesteam (Berlin, Germany)
- Growth Hacker meeting: Wie SEO und Growth Hacking optimal zusammenspielen (Düsseldorf, Germany)
- Growth Europe Summit
- Optimisey (Cambridge, UK)
- Experts on the Wire: How to win at in-house and large scale SEO
- MozPod: SEO for startups
- SearchTalkLive: How companies without sales-teams structure product&marketing
- Technical SEO Podcast: In-house SEO Challenges
- Entrepreneurs GSD: Optimizing Your Business for the “Aha Moment”
- Growth Everywhere: SEO Expert Kevin Indig Spills the Secret to Skyrocketing Your Google Ranking
tl;dr Building an SEO Machine
- Growthartic: “Silicon Valley vs. Germany“, “Growth Marketing predictions for 2019“
How I got into technical Marketing
Born as the son of an American Doctor and a German nurse, I wanted to be a doctor all of his life.
Well, not all my life.
When turning 18, I realized that as a doctor you can help only so many people. As a “digital native”, I saw what technology can do for people. So, I set out into the tech world as a digital marketer.
The dream of becoming a doctor and helping people inspired me to acquire a set of highly valuable skills. The most important one: reverse engineering. Doctors look at symptoms, find the root cause and give a diagnose. Then they develop a plan to improve the state of the patient, not only erase the symptoms.
I do the same with companies. To me, the idea of optimizing a system is highly intriguing (as dry as it sounds).
This is a selection of brands I have worked with. Please note that I worked with these brands at different stages in my career on specific projects. All of these projects were team efforts. I’m happy to share more information about my involvement in these projects by request.